Saturday, January 07, 2006

Jargon

I'm finally learning the applicant language. So far these are in my B-school glossary. Feel free to add to build this up :)

b-school
R1, R2, R3
admit

ding
information sessions

Since I've decided last week that I'm going to be actively pursuing b-school, I've gone online (even at work..hehehe) to research and read up on admissions, schools, fees, and such. What I've discovered is that there is a whole COMMUNITY of applicants out there who religiously update their blogs on their own b-school application adventures! I've been a fan of some blogs out there (usually friends, photographers, and models) and lately I've added Marina's B-School Adventures to my list. She's such a lucky, lucky girl to have been admitted to Columbia -- her and my dream school! Actually it's a little frustrating reading her blog maybe because I'm really envious of her. She's done with the nerve-wracking wait, not knowing which school will accept you or if you'll even be accepted at all.

R + 10 days
Work has just been c-ray-zee! It's like I've experienced "hell week" again back in college. In the review front, haven't been doing too well lately on that also. I'm now in the Math section of the first book and since my weaknesses are numbers and equations, I'm really disappointed with the results I've been getting in the practice quizzes. This is the exact opposite of the "high" I felt 3 days ago when I got the hang of the Verbal questions. I just keep reminding myself that this is just the start and that I have time to perfect it. Mustn't lose heart and sight of that goal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home